Lab tests have shown that turmeric can also inhibit the growth of tumors. A recent study found that turmeric extract inhibits colorectal cancer.
Scientists believe that turmeric prevents skin diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, colitis, stomach ulcers, high cholesterol, etc.
Turmeric is a common ingredient in South Asian cuisine. People use it to enhance flavors. But, turmeric is much more than an ingredient. We suggest that you try our turmeric smoothie.
Turmeric is the main ingredient in this recipe, but it also uses other healthy ingredients. This is the smoothie you need to boost your immunity.
- ½ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 cup coconut milk (fiber, vitamins E, B1, B3, B5, B6 and C)
- ½ cup pineapple or mango chunks (vitamin C prevents deficiencies related to the immune system and other diseases)
- 1 banana (potassium balanced fluids, and enables good function of the brain, nerves, heart, and muscles)
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (reduces blood sugar in diabetics)
- ½ tsp. ginger powder (reduces cramps, arthritis pain, nausea, and dizziness)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (fiber, protein, calcium, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids)
- 1 tsp. Maca powder (helps people with anemia, treats chronic fatigue, and boosts energy)
- a pinch of freshly ground black pepper (optimizes the absorption of turmeric)
Check the video below for more detailed instructions.